I dentistry, veneers are custom-made shells of tooth-colored materials designed to cover the front surface of teeth to improve your appearance. Individually crafted for each patient, these shells are bonded to the front of the teeth changing their color, shape or size. Although dental veneers fall into the category of cosmetic dentistry because they create bright, white smiles with beautifully aligned teeth. Over the past 30 years, dental technology has made veneers more lifelike and convenient than ever before. New types of porcelain are stronger and reflect light similarly to natural dental enamel.
What Are the Advantages of Dental Veneers?
- They provide a natural tooth appearance.
- Gum tissue tolerates porcelain well.
- Porcelain veneers are stain resistant.
- The color of a porcelain veneer can be selected such that it makes dark teeth appear whiter.
- Veneers offer a conservative approach to changing a tooth’s color and shape-veneers generally don’t require the extensive shaping prior to the procedure that crowns do, yet offer a stronger, more aesthetic alternative to bonding
Veneers can completely reshape your teeth and smile. They can often be alternatives to crowns and the ideal solution in treating many dental conditions. They are very durable and will last many years, giving you a beautiful long lasting smile.
Schedule your appointment today for find out if dental veneers are right for you. Call us at 941-743-4425.